Integrating GetAccept with Chargebee.
Prerequisites for GetAccept integrations
Once GetAccept is integrated with Chargebee,you can send a quote by selecting any quote (Chargebee) in the Open state and clicking on Send via GetAccept. This opens the Send Quote window in a new tab, displaying the configurations and fields for sending that quote. Fill in the details as well as the recipient details.
Integrating Chargebee with GetAccept allows you to send a quote created in Chargebee as a GetAccept Document to your customers. Upon receiving it, the customer can e-sign/approve it to create a subscription or pay a charge for a service. Also, you can couple a subscription action to automatically follow when the quote is accepted.
- Quotes should be enabled.
- Templates should be created in GetAccept with all the necessary text fields.
Quote versioning feature of Chargebee quotes is currently not supported for this integration.
Once the GetAccept is integrated with Chargebee, you can send a quote by selecting any quote in the Open state and clicking on Send via GetAccept.
To send a quote via GetAccept from Chargebee, select any quote in Open state and click Send via GetAccept.
This opens the Send Quote window in a new tab, displaying the configurations and fields for sending that quote.
- Enter the Document Name as necessary. Name of the quote, if present, is populated.
- The Chargebee Quote Type which is to be attached or sent can be overridden here.
- The sender field contains the sender address set during integration. This can only be overridden if the toggle is off in the default sender configuration.
- Use the On accepting quote drop-down list to select the action to follow when a quote is accepted.
Recipients of the quote
For recipients, all the fields - First and last name, Email, and Role are mandatory since it is critical to address the quote to the right receiver and provide appropriate access.
The recipient preferences vary based on the source of the Document you are sending.
If you have selected sending a Document from the GetAccept template, there are two use cases:
Template with defined recipient roles
For each recipient role defined in the GetAccept template, a recipient along with their name, email id and role has to be defined. The number of recipients cannot be reduced or increased. You can only change the number of recipients inside the GetAccept application to reflect here.
The first recipient information is pre-filled with the Chargebee customer for whom the quote is created.
Template without defined recipient roles
- Since there is no recipient role present in the template, you can configure a minimum of one to a maximum of three recipients before sending the GetAccept Document.
If you have selected sending Chargebee quote as a GetAccept Document,
- You can have a minimum of one to a maximum of three recipients.
GetAccept Field Mapping
Limitation of GetAccept integration