How do I enable backdating of subscriptions and invoices?
Follow the steps below to enable Backdated Subscription actions and Invoicing on your Chargebee site:
Backdating Subscriptions and Invoices: This feature is currently available on selective plans. Please refer to the plans and pricing page. If you are on our previous plans, then this feature is available on all the plans.
Click Settings > Configure Chargebee > Billing LogIQ > Backdating Subscriptions and Invoices.
In the Backdating Subscriptions and Invoices page, click Enable.
Select the subscription actions that you would like to allow backdating from the dropdown. You can select one or all of the following options:
- Charges/Non-recurring Addons
- Quick Charges
For the selected subscription operations, you can select until when the subscription can be backdated. You can choose from the following options:
- No Restrictions: Selecting this option allows your users to backdate the subscription actions until the limit set by Chargebee, provided all prerequisites are met. For example, if the period of the plan in the subscription is 2 months and today is 14th April, cannot be earlier than 14th February.
- Choose a Specific Date: Selecting a date from the calendar allows your users to perform the backdating action only until the selected date till when backdating is allowed every month.
Select when the invoices for the subscriptions can be backdated until. You can choose from the following options:
- I'll choose a date during subscription creation: Selecting this option allows your users to backdate the invoice and specify a date that is not more than one calendar month into the past while creating a subscription. For example, if today is 13th January, then you cannot pass a value that is earlier than 13th December
- Date of performing the backdating operation: Selecting this option allows your users to backdate the invoice and specify any date until the day when subscription backdating is performed.
Click Apply Changes
The Backdated Subscription Actions and Invoicing feature is successfully enabled on your Chargebee site.