Maximum API requests/ call?
What happens when I reach the API limit?
API limit for Chargebee Test environment.
What is the cost to use Chargebee's APIs?
There are no additional charges to use Chargebee's APIs, however, to ensure optimal app performance we regulate the API limits for TEST & LIVE sites as listed.
- For TEST site the request limit is 750/5 minutes, on exceeding the limit all request will be blocked.
- The block will be removed automatically once they fall within limits.
- For LIVE site the request limit is 150 per minute, on exceeding this limit
- Your account will be flagged
- You will be notified by email, (Owner, Admin & Emergency contact).
- If we do not receive an acknowledgement all GET request will be blocked, POST requests will be accepted until we see fit.
- Block will be removed after when requests are throttled with specified limits.
Do you have a scheduled activity and need a temporary API limit increase or looking to increase your default API limit, you can reach out to Chargebee support.
API Rate Limits
Chargebee restricts API requests when you exceed the limits entitled for your plan. The limiting mechanism is employed considering two criteria:
Requests per minute - Number of requests in the past 60 seconds.
Concurrent requests - Number of requests at an instance of time.
When the upper limit is breached on either of the above criteria, an HTTP 429 error response is returned for subsequent requests. As a result, no more requests are served until the limit resets (in approximately a minute).
If you need a temporary increase in API rate limit, you can contact support to avail it. Further, if you breach the limit frequently, we suggest you move to a higher plan (see table below) to accommodate the volume of requests.
Listed below are the API rate limits for each Chargebee plan: