This article covers
The checklists that should be completed to ensure consolidation of invoice
Reasons for the consolidation to fail
First invoice not consolidated
Consolidated invoicing enables you to generate one single invoice for multiple subscriptions under one customer. However, there are a few reasons/scenarios where Chargebee will not consolidate invoices. (listed below).
The following are the possible reasons for invoices to not consolidate,
- If the charge is for a new subscription, ie, If the charge is raised for the subscription creation operation, then the invoice will not be consolidated.
- If the charges for the Customer (subscription renewals and unbilled charges) are not due to be invoiced on the same day.
- If the charges for the multiple subscriptions are of different currency.
- If the charges are from subscriptions do not have the same auto-collection status.
- If multiple subscriptions do not have the same payment method.
- Check if multiple subscriptions that your customer holds have the same renewal date. Consolidation would only happen if the renewals fall on the same day. If you wish to have all subscriptions renew on the same day of the month or week, then enable Calendar Billing.
- Check if If taxes are enabled for the site. If taxes are configured, then Generate separate invoices for each shipping address is enforced even if the consolidation is enabled.
Note: The feature release on Feb 2021 allows you to consolidate invoices while metered billing is enabled. Refer to this link to know more.