This article covers
The checklists that should be completed to ensure consolidation of invoice
Reasons for the consolidation to fail
First invoice not consolidated
Consolidated invoicing enables you to generate one single invoice for multiple subscriptions under one customer. However, there are a few reasons/scenarios where Chargebee will not consolidate invoices. (listed below).
The following are the reasons why invoices might not get consolidated,
- If the charge is for a new subscriptions, ie, If the charge is raised for the subscription creation operation, then the invoice will not be consolidated.
- If the charges for the Customer (subscription renewals and un-billed charges) are not due to be invoiced on the same day.
- The charges for the multiple subscriptions are of different currency.
- The charges are from subscriptions do not have the same auto-collection status.
- If multiple subscriptions do not have the same payment method.
- If meter billing is enabled on your Chargebee account. Metered Billing does not work with consolidated invoicing and this could be the reason why your invoices are not getting consolidated.
- Check if multiple subscription that your customer holds have the same renewal date. Consolidation would only happen if the renewals fall on the same day. If you wish to have all subscriptions renew on the same day of the month or week, then enable Calendar Billing.
- Check if If taxes are enabled for the site. If taxes are configured, then Generate separate invoices for each shipping address is enforced even if the consolidation is enabled.
If you have more questions, please contact email@example.com.