What is the use of pause subscription in Chargebee?
How to configure pause subscription for my site?
What happens if I disable pause subscription?
Your customers may want to pause their subscription temporarily instead of canceling it altogether, for the following reasons:
1. They might not want to use the service for a short span of time
2. They might not be present at the location temporarily, for example, when they are going on a holiday
3. They might not have used the service for a month and would like an extension for the current term
Navigate to Settings > Configure Chargebee > Billing LogIQ > Customers & Subscriptions > Pause Subscription.
The Pause Subscription feature allows you to temporarily pause a subscription and resume it when needed. To enable the Pause Subscription option in your account, navigate to Settings > Configure Chargebee > Billing LogIQ > Customers & Subscriptions > Pause Subscription.
Next you can configure the default settings to handle the subscriptions, invoices, and charges when subscriptions are paused and resumed.
A subscription can be paused in 3 ways:
1. Via the web interface: The Pause Subscription button is available on the subscription details page under the actions panel.
The default settings defined in Chargebee settings will be pre-loaded. You may change it if required.
2. Via APIs: You can use the Pause a Subscription and Resume Subscription APIs.
3. Via portal: If the portal V2 is enabled for your Chargebee site, your customers can pause a subscription from their portal account.
Note: A subscriptions can only be paused if it is in the active state.
When you want to disable this Pause subscription, keep in mind
You will no longer be able to pause subscriptions.
Subscriptions that are currently paused will resume as scheduled, or can be resumed manually.
Override settings under 'Default Resume settings' will not apply, and Chargebee's default resume settings will be applicable when a subscription resumes.
Related articles & documentation