Your customers may want to pause their subscription temporarily instead of canceling it altogether, for the following reasons:
1. They might not want to use the service for a short span of time
2. They might not be present at the location temporarily, for example, when they are going on a holiday
3. They might not have used the service for a month and would like an extension for the current term
The Pause Subscription feature allows you to temporarily pause a subscription and resume it when needed. To enable the Pause Subscription option in your account, navigate to Settings > Configure Chargebee > Pause Subscription.
Next you can configure the default settings to handle the subscriptions, invoices, and charges when subscriptions are paused and resumed.
A subscription can be paused in 3 ways:
1. Via the web interface: The Pause Subscription button is available on the subscription details page under the actions panel.
The default settings defined in Chargebee settings will be pre-loaded. You may change it if required.
2. Via APIs: You can use the Pause a Subscription and Resume Subscription APIs.
3. Via portal: If the portal V2 is enabled for your Chargebee site, your customers can pause a subscription from their portal account.
Note: A subscriptions can only be paused if it is in the active state.
Related articles & documentation: