This article covers:
Handling refunds and credits on cancellation
Chargebee allows you to configure how Chargebee should automatically handle refunds, credits and other unpaid invoices when a subscription is cancelled.
To configure this, navigate to Settings > Configure Chargebee > Subscription Cancellation. This page allows you to configure the following cancellation settings:
- When should a subscription be cancelled - Immediately, or End of term
- For a subscription cancelled at the mid of term, how to handle
- Credits - don’t issue credits/ issue full credits/ issue prorated credits
- Refundable Credits - refund / retain credits
- Unpaid Invoices - write off/ collect payment / retain as unpaid
You can also configure different actions for cancellations made via the web interface, self-service portal, API, or scheduled cancellation.
For one-off cases, you can also manually initiate a refund for an invoice. Navigate to the invoice details page and click on the Refund button on the Actions panel on the right. Here you can add a partial or full refund amount.
API users can call the Refund an Invoice API to initiate a refund for an invoice.
Related articles and documentation: