How do I enable BACS via Stripe?
Is there a Direct Debit payment method for UK customers?
What is the payment flow using BACS via Stripe?
What are the email notifications available for BACS via Stripe?
BACS (Bankers' Automated Clearing Services) is the most popular method of making electronic payments in the United Kingdom. It is used for a variety of purposes, including payroll, direct debit, and online bill payments. Chargebee allows you to configure BACS using Stripe. Learn more
Once enabled, click Settings > Configure Chargebee > Payment Gateway > Stripe. Enable BACS Direct Debit (For UK region only) to configure direct debit payments for UK-based customers.
Configure BACS payments via Stripe
Complete the steps below to configure your Chargebee account to accept BACS payments using Stripe:
1. BACS is applicable only for payments made in GBP (British Pound Sterling)
2. This integration is possible via Chargebee Hosted Pages, Chargebee JS, Gateway JS, and APIs
1. Login to your Chargebee site and configure the Stripe gateway. Move to the next step if you already have Stripe configured on your site.
2. Once enabled, click Settings > Configure Chargebee > Payment Gateway > Stripe.
3. Enable BACS Direct Debit (For UK region only) to configure direct debit payments for UK-based customers.
4. Enter the following details on the BACS Configuration page shown below:
5. Select the option Send BACS compliant emails from Chargebee to send emails to customers regarding mandate creation and payment pre-notification from Chargebee. The advantage of sending this email from Chargebee is that it allows you to configure elements such as your company logo, signature, and more.
6. Click Save.
If you have chosen Gateway JS, you will be redirected from the merchant's website to a gateway-hosted checkout page. Otherwise, Chargebee’s checkout is used.
The end customer enters the bank account details and confirms them. A mandate is generated based on the entered details, which authorizes the Gateway to collect the payment.
Once a mandate is generated, Stripe verifies it in 3 business days, and then another 3 business days are required to confirm the success or failure of the payment.
You must notify your customers during mandate creation and before they are charged. To do so, you can enable the following email notifications in Chargebee:
Follow the steps below to navigate to these notifications
Go to Settings > Configure Chargebee > Email Notifications
Select the Payments and credits category
Both notifications will be available there. You can edit the template as per your requirements.