Breakdown of Churn into buckets based on Signup date.
Explanation of metric
- A table breaking down Churn into buckets based on the Signup date.
- It is available for current, previous, and last 12 months Cancellations for Customers with ACTIVE Subscription Terms of 7 days, 8-30 days, 31-90 days, and up to the last 2 years.
- This is available with RS premium only and to use this metric more efficiently, you have to configure a custom field at the Customer resource level in Chargebee and map it to the Sales Agent field to a Customer resource in RevenueStory. However, you can configure and select your own values in this custom field, it is recommended to configure meaningful values that are relevant for your business. Please connect with your Customer Success Manager or contact support
How it's measured
Churn Breakdown Report By Signup Date = (No. of Churned Subscriptions per Signup date.)
Note: Sign up date is the date when the Subscription gets created. Typically this could be earliest of Subscription start date, Subscription creation date, first Invoice date.
- This report helps to understand the stage at which cancellations happen if the churn is high. Early-stage Churn (within the first 30 days) indicates a lack of product-market fit. Either the product doesn't do what it claims or is presented to an irrelevant audience. Hence Customers Signup to try it and end up Churning quickly. It is important to revisit the product positioning in such cases.
- Example: For Cancellations within the last 12 months,
100 Subscriptions CANCELLED within 7 days upon Signup
120 Subscriptions CANCELLED between 8- 30 days after Signup
95 Subscriptions CANCELLED between 91 to 120 days after Signup and so on.
Click here to know about other metrics.