You can add one-time charges and add-ons together in Chargebee. When you want to add multiple ad-hoc charges or addons to a customer or a subscription, you can make use of the Add One-time Charges and Addons action.
To raise an Invoice for multiple ad-hoc charges and addons, follow these steps:
Navigate to the details page of the customer or subscription.
Click Add One-Time Charges and Addons on the Action panel.
In the Add One-time Charges and Addons page, click Add Quick Charge to add any ad-hoc charges.
In the Add Charge pop-up, enter the following details:
- Currency: Specify the currency for the charge.
- Amount: Specify the amount for the charge.
- Service Period: Select the time period that the charged service is to be accounted for. Specify the from and to dates/times of the period. Chargebee considers this service period for the revenue recognition and deferred revenue reports. Note : The time component can only be chosen when your site runs on millisecond-based billing mode.
- Provide a description for the charge.
- Select Taxable if this charge is taxable (if left unselected, tax is not applied on this charge).
- Click Add. You can use Add Quick Charge to add more charges as required.
Click Add Charge to add non-recurring addons.
- Select a charge and click Add.
- Select a currency for the charge and specify the period that the charge is added for.
- Chargebee considers this service period for the revenue recognition and deferred revenue reports.
- Note: The time component can only be chosen when your site runs on millisecond-based billing mode.
- Tax related fields as defined for the charges are displayed.
- Click Add. You can click Add Charge to add more non-recurring addons as required.
You can click Add Coupon/Coupon Code to apply a coupon. (Multiple coupons of the same type can also be added. Contact support to avail this feature.)
If the charge is for a physical good to be shipped, you can add the shipping address details. You can choose to ship to the customer's billing address, or you can even add the shipping address details. Any existing shipping addresses available for the customer are also available for selection.
Select the preferred Payment method from the dropdown.
Specify the PO number if required.
Under Invoice Notes, you can add additional information to be displayed to your customers on the invoice contextually. Invoice notes configured for Invoices in general, and those added for customer or subscription, non-recurring addon, if any, gets displayed here as well. You can remove some of these notes and add a new note as required. This note is displayed first in the invoice under Invoice Notes.
Click Preview and Send to preview the invoice, and click Create Invoice.