WordPress allows you to create websites, blogs, and share content, services, and products with users on the web. With content being generated in the form of research reports, courses, online tutorials, and more every day, you can monetize your content by setting up a paywall on your website.
Paywall is a way of gating your site's premium content on a subscription basis.
With Chargebee's plugin for Wordpress, you can implement a paywall on your site and charge users on a subscription basis. It allows you to restrict content based on the subscription on which your customers have signed up.
- The plugin is available only on request. We will send the Wordpress plugin zip file for you to install.
- It is recommended to test the plugin on your Chargebee Test site before enabling it on your Live site.
- Your customers should sign in to your website prior to checkout. For more information, take a look at why sign-in is mandatory.
Ensure that you use these tools and their respective versions to set up the plugin:
- Wordpress version 4.5.0 or above
- PHP version 5.5.9 or above
- MySQL version 5.6 or above, else MariaDB version 10.0 or above