Addons are an effective way of selling additional products/services to your customers and boost your sales revenue.
You can create an addon for the Reports module in your Chargebee site and there are two options:
- You can keep it open for users to subscribe to.
- You can make it mandatory for certain plans.
Addons can be included in a subscription while
To create a new addon in your Chargebee site, follow these steps:
- Click Product Catalog > Addons > + Create Addon.
- In the Create a New Addon page, click the Product Family dropdown and select the product family to which you want to associate this addon with.
- Specify an Internal Name for the addon that helps you identify the addon internally. It is the name used to refer to the addon on your Chargebee site.
- You can add a Description to include additional details about the addon.
- The Addon ID is generated based on the Internal Name that you specify. You can modify this id as required. An Addon ID is the unique identifier of the addon and when a Subscription is created or updated via the API from your application or website, the ID should be used to refer to the addon.
- The Unit of Measure denotes the unit of the addon. For example, when you are offering the reports module as an addon, you can define the price of the addon per user access. So the unit of measure is user, and the price of the addon can be $30/user.
- Select This addon is metered if you are using the Metered Billing feature in Chargebee to add usage-based charges to subscriptions of this addon. Invoices created for this addon are in draft state. You can add usage to the subscriptions before closing the invoices. You can additionally override the site settings that you have configured for how you would like Chargebee to process the usage data that you share for this addon.
- Under Customer-Facing Info, enable the Display in Self-Serve Portal checkbox to make this addon available in the self-serve portal. The Self-serve Portal can be used by your customers to make changes to their subscriptions.
- Click Create.
Once the addon is created, you need to define the price points.
You can choose to define applicable addons and charges for a plan. Click here to know more.