I want to understand new features in PC2.0
I want to test the new features of PC2.0 on my test site.
I am an existing user in Chargebee, how do I migrate to PC 2.0?
Note: This article is for customers who are currently using Chargebee site with Product Catalog 1.0 and would like to migrate to Product Catalog 2.0
Product Catalog 2.0 (PC2.0) can be easily enabled on an existing Chargebee site. Though there are no limitations, there are a few prerequisites to consider before migration to ensure the process is smooth.
Some of the prerequisites are
- Firstly, you experience the exciting features of PC 2.0 firsthand by creating a new test site. Here's more on how to create a new test site (this will be your trial site and will be discarded once we proceed further with migration)
- Understand the Compatibility of your preferred third-party integrations with the Chargebee team as some of the third-party integrations are still a work in progress. (our support team will be guiding you through this step as well)
Steps for migration
Note: Please be assured that we will support you throughout the migration process to ensure smooth upgradation to PC 2.0 from PC 1.0
Once the prerequisites are done and you agree to do the migration to PC 2.0, the following steps are followed
Step 1 - Chargebee will share a template with you to collect inputs to consolidate the Plans and Addons in your current Product Catalog 1.0. With this input, we will create the items (Plans, Addons, Charges) in the Product Catalog 2.0.
Step 2 - Chargebee team will set up the Sandbox/test site, a clone of the live site with the updated Product Catalog data given in the template.
Step 3 - You may test the Sandbox/test site. Chargebee team will guide you with the list of API and Drop-in script changes to be made for PC 2.0.
- If you are using Chargebee's checkout then a few drop-in script changes are to be made.
- If you are using Chargebee's API then a few APIs are to be updated. (only 20+ APIs have been updated for PC 2.0)
- Also check your third-party integrations with this site.