This article covers:
Copy Billing information to Account information
Mark account information fields as mandatory
Chargebee maintains multiple information blocks. Account, Billing, Shipping & Card. To avoid having the customer enter the info multiple times you might have to limit some fields from showing on the checkout page, but will require the more than one info block to be populated.
Eg, Billing details is mandatory for taxation to apply, but you also need it to populate in the account info.
In case you are collecting the customer details only under the Billing Information section, the customer details will not show on the subscriptions and customer list page.
You can work around this in two ways.
You can make use of the copy from Billing or Shipping address under the account information configuration page under each field, that is common across the Account, Billing, Shipping & Card details.
This option is applicable if you are using both our Checkout Page versions, Single Page (V2) & Modal (popup/V3). Details listed below.
- Go to Settings > Configure Chargebee > Checkout & Self-Serve Portal > Field Configurations (on the left) > Account Information
- As in the insert select copy from billing for the required fields.
- Once done, scroll to the bottom and click the update.
Note: To use this option, ensure that the same fields are enabled under Account and Billing Information sections.
- Go to Settings > Configure Chargebee > Fields > Account Information.
- Click the pen icon against the required field.
- Select Use Billing Address value.
- Click Apply
- Click Publish (top right of the page)
Note: Billing address is mandatory for taxes to be calculated.
Feel free to contact us if you have further