Yes, Chargebee's Customer portal can be used by your customers to manage their account. You have complete flexibility to configure the Allowed Actions in the Customer portal according to your requirements. We have elucidated the configuration process based on different versions of the Checkout page.
Checkout page V3
Go to Settings >>Configure Chargebee>> Customer-facing essentials >> Checkout & Self serve portal >> Portal (under Configurations)
Enable Allow Customers to Change Subscription option click Update.
All the changes will be reflected in your Customer portal.
- There is complete control over the plans listed while changing from one plan to another in Checkout pages V3. But It's not possible to add an addon to an existing subscription. They can only switch from one (plan + addon) group to another group.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to add addons to an existing subscription.
- Multiple Coupons not supported in the portal.
- Customers can reactivate canceled Subscription through the portal V3.
Checkout Page (V2)
Go to Settings >> Customer-facing essentials >> Checkout & Self serve portal >> Customer portal >> Allowed Actions.
Enable Change Subscription and all the required fields and click Update.
All the changes will be reflected in your Customer Portal.
- There is no control over the plans listed while changing from one plan to another plan. We will always show all plans while trying to change the subscription through Checkout portal in V2.
- Multiple coupons Supported portal.
- Option to add addons in the portal is supported.
- Customers cannot reactivate canceled Subscription through the portal V2.