How do I enable BACS via Adyen?
Is there a Direct Debit payment method for UK customers?
What is the payment flow using BACS via Adyen?
What are the email notifications available for BACS via Adyen?
BACS (Bankers' Automated Clearing Services) is the most popular method of making electronic payments in the United Kingdom. It is used for a variety of purposes, including payroll, direct debit, and online bill payments. Chargebee allows you to configure BACS using Adyen. Learn more
Once enabled, click Settings > Configure Chargebee > Payment Gateway > Adyen. Enable BACS Direct Debit (For UK region only) to configure direct debit payments for UK-based customers.
Configure BACS payments via Adyen
Complete the steps below to configure your Chargebee account to accept BACS payments using Adyen:
1. BACS is applicable only for payments made in GBP (British Pound Sterling)
2. This integration is possible via Chargebee Hosted Pages, Chargebee JS, Gateway JS, and APIs
1. Login to your Chargebee site and configure the Adyen gateway. Move to the next step if you already have Adyen configured on your site.
2. Click Settings > Configure Chargebee > Payment Gateway > Adyen.
3. Enable BACS Direct Debit (For UK region only) to configure direct debit payments for UK-based customers.
4. Enter the following details on the BACS Configuration page shown below:
- Creditor Name
- Creditor Email
- Creditor Contact Number
5. Click Save.
- If you have chosen Gateway JS, you will be redirected from the merchant's website to a gateway-hosted checkout page. Otherwise, Chargebee's checkout is used.
- The end customer enters the bank account details and confirms the same. A mandate is generated based on the entered details, which authorises the Gateway to collect the payment.
- Once a mandate is generated, it can take four to six days before a payment is cleared and settled.
You must notify your customers during mandate creation and before they are charged. To do so, they can enable the following email notifications in Chargebee:
- Mandate Creation
Follow the steps below to navigate to these notifications:
- Go to Settings > Configure Chargebee > Email Notifications
- Select the Payments and credits category
Both notifications will be available there. You can edit the template as per your requirements.