What are the out-of-the-box reports in Retention?
Terms and definitions used in reporting in Chargebee Retention
Terminology of reports in Chargebee Retention
How to interpret the meaning of terms in the Retention Dashboard?
Chargebee Retention has several out-of-the-box reports that aggregate data coming in from your Cancel Page results. This article covers each term and metric included in all of our Reports, what each term defines, and how each metric is calculated.
The following filters and definitions apply to all Reports in Retention.
Timeframe Picker - Dropdown that selects a range of time to view all Reports.
Date Range - Date picker for Custom option in Timeframe Picker, or showcases dates selected from the time frame indicated in the Timeframe Picker dropdown.
The Retention dashboard contains five out-of-the-box reports that display a high-level overview of your Cancel Page performance: Save Performance, Deflection Funnel, Saves, Cancels, and Active Watch List
Watch list - Customers that land on the Retention Cancel Page but do not complete the cancellation process. Customers stay on the Watch list for 30 days after hitting the Cancel Page.
Saved - A customer that has not canceled after 30 days on the watch list.
Deflected - Customers that do not cancel after landing on the Retention Cancel Page. We apply a 30-minute buffer after hitting the Cancel page Deflected includes both Saved and Watch list customers.
Cancel - A Customer that lands on the Retention Cancel Page and proceeds to cancel, or cancels through another medium after viewing the Cancel Page.
At Risk - Customers on the Watch list.
Cancel Reasons - Reason Customer selected in the Reason Survey on the Cancel Page at when canceling.
Save Performance - A weighted average of Save performance taken over 30 days. Save Rate calculates the weighted average from 30 days before the specified day. The Save Rate presented is the Save Rate for the last day on the chart.
Churned - Canceled customers for the time period selected in the Timeframe Picker.
The Insights Report breaks down the Cancel Reasons your Customers select on your Cancel Page.
Reasons - The customer-facing option for why they choose to cancel on the Cancel Page survey. Reasons are based on categories but customized for the business.
Categories - A broader umbrella of groupings for different reasons on the cancel page reason survey like pricing, company, execution, product, customer experience, needs, and shipping and handling.
Save Rate - The % of customers that hit your cancel page, and do not complete a cancel via Retention within the Save Interval. The Save Rate on the Insights Report represents the Save Rate for users who clicked on that Cancel Reason.
The Trends report shows the overall volume of canceled or saved accounts over time.
Canceled - Customers that hit the cancel page and complete cancellation.
Categories - Breaks down cancel volume by the broad umbrella for different reasons on the cancel page reason survey like pricing, company, execution, product, customer experience, needs, and shipping and handling.
Reasons - Breaks down the cancel volume by the customer-facing reason for why they choose to cancel on the cancel page survey. Reasons are based on categories but customized for the business.
Competitor - Breaks down cancel volume by competitor listed in the competitor pulse survey on the cancel page.
Return Likelihood - Breaks down cancel volume of the results of the return likelihood survey on the cancel page.
Commented - Only shows customers that added comments
Saved - Customers that do not cancel within 30 days of viewing the cancel page. Customers that cancel after 30 days may still be included in these charts.
Categories - Captures what category the customer accepted an offer from resulting in a save, like pricing, company, execution, product, customer experience, needs, and shipping and handling.
Reasons - Captures the customer-facing reason that presented an offer they accepted on the cancel page survey resulting in a Save. Reasons are based on categories but customized for the business.
Last Action - Captures the Action the customer took accepting an Offer, like clicking a link, composing an email, confirming an offer, or starting a chat.
Drilldown list: Customer List that expands by clicking any cohort in the Trends or Insights Report. The list shows all customers included in the cohort.
- Date - The date the customer canceled their account.
- Customer - The end user that lands on the Cancel Page.
- Customer ID - The internal ID used to identify a customer's account.
- Email - The email address affiliated with your customer’s account.
- Value - Monthly recurring revenue gained or lost from that customer’s account.
- Events - The number of times your customer lands on the Cancel Page.
- Return Likelihood - The result of the Return Likelihood Survey on the Cancel Page.
- Competitor - Identified Competitor listed in the Competitor Pulse survey on the Cancel Page.
- Reason - Other - The Comments listed by canceling Customer when Other is selected as the Cancel Reason.
- Comments - Any Freeform Comments as listed by the Customer on the Cancel Page.
Export - Downloads data from the Drilldown list as a CSV.
Expand - Extends the Drilldown list to display more Customers.
Collapse - Reduces the Drilldown list to reveal the Trends Report chart.
Close - Removes the Drilldown list from the Trends Report screen.
Display - Showcases the selected cohort in the Drilldown list.
Cancels - Number of Canceled Customers included in that specific Drilldown list.
Saves - Number of Saved Customers included in the specific Drilldown list.
The Customers Pages list all Customers that hit your Cancel Page based on the outcome: All, Canceled, Saved, or Watchlist. All Customers Pages can be exported as a CSV.
All - Total list of customers that have hit the cancel page.
Canceled - Customers that hit the Cancel Page and complete cancellation.
Saved - Customers that do not cancel within 30 days of viewing the Cancel Page. Customers that cancel after the 30 days may still be included
Watch list - Customers that hit the Cancel Page but do not complete the cancellation. Watchlist customers click Nevermind, accept an Offer, or click the back button on their browser and remain on the Watchlist for 30 days. After 30 days, these customers move to Saved.
List Column Settings: The gear to add or remove columns from your Customer Report
List Column Terms
- Outcome Date - The date of the Event calculated, either Cancel, Save, or when they viewed the Cancel Page for Watchlist Customers.
- Customer - The Name of the customer that hit the Cancel Page.
- Status - Shows the current status of a customer account, whether they have been Saved, Canceled, or on the watchlist.
- Email - Email address of Customer that hit the Cancel Page.
- Customer ID - The internal ID captured by the Retention Installation Code of the Customer who hit the Cancel Page.
- Age - How long the customer has been a customer.
- Reason - The customer-facing choice for why they choose to cancel.
- Reason- Other - The Comments listed by canceling Customer when Other is selected as the Cancel Reason.
- Retention Category - Broad umbrella of groupings for different Reasons like Pricing, Company, Execution, Product, Customer Experience, Needs, and Shipping and Handling.