How to add custom user roles in Chargebee?
How to restrict access for the users/employee(s) to the Chargebee site?
Chargebee allows you to add multiple users to your account for performing different tasks such as members from the finance team, sales team, or support team. Different user roles that you can assign to the users provide different access levels to your account.
Though these roles have a fixed set of privileges/actions, as a business you might require a combination of a different set of actions for a given role. To add/delete or modify users of your Chargebee account, navigate to Settings > Team Members. Here’s more on the list of roles that are available by default.
If the predefined roles in Chargebee don't grant the privileges you want to assign to a user, you can create a Custom Role and define the privileges that you require. The custom role allows you to configure privileges in the following modules:
- Subscriptions (Invoices/ Credit Notes/ Orders/ Transactions/ Email Logs/ Events)
- Product Catalog (Plans/ Addons/ Coupons)
The customized user roles will be added along with Chargebee's predefined user roles. To assign a Customized user role to a user, navigate to Settings > Team Members and assign the new Role created to the users.
1. The custom user role can be defined by checking the list of actions you’d like to allow for each resource(including customer, subscription, plan, addon, invoice) in the sample CSV attached with this article.
2. To add new customized user roles to your account, please contact email@example.com with the CSV checked with the actions you require.
3. You can add up to 10 custom roles in your account.
4. You cannot control access to the actions in the settings at the moment, this is a work in progress item and will be released soon. 5. Custom roles are available for Scale plan and above.
Related articles and documentation: