To set this up, you need to:
- Setup Google Analytics Account
- Enable Google Analytics in Chargebee
Setup Google Analytics Account
- Sign up for a Google Analytics Account
- After filling in the information, click Get Tracking ID
- The Tracking Info page will give you the code you need to integrate to your business’ website. Here’s how it’s done:
- Locate the header section in your webpage code (<head> </head> tags)
- Copy the pixel code from the Google Analytics Tracking Info page and paste it within the header tags.
- Paste the tracking code wherever you use pop-up checkout.
- Chargebee supports both ga and gtag version of tracking code.
Enable Google Analytics in Chargebee
- Login to your Chargebee site and navigate to Settings > Configure Chargebee > Checkout & Self Serve Portal > Configurations > Advanced Settings > Add domains
- Here you add the domain of your business, so Chargebee will whitelist them to give them access to subscription and invoice-related information in chargebee.js callbacks and to use conversion tracking via chargebee.js. If you have multiple domains, separate them with commas
- Navigate to Settings > Configure Chargebee > Checkout & Self Serve Portal > INTEGRATE WITH CHARGEBEE
- In Header Script, add data-cb-ga-enabled="true" attribute to enable Google Analytics
Feel free to contact Chargebee support if you need further clarification.