Start a new topic
Answered

Is it possible to change the language of an invoice?

One more question, I'm not sure whether I can alter the language of the invoices sent. If not possible, this would be a tremendous feature.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Multi-language support has been released for Invoices, Hosted pages, Customer portal, and Email Notifications. We currently support 

• English
  • French
  • German
  • Spanish
  • Portuguese
  • Italian

More information about multi-language feature can be found here: https://www.chargebee.com/docs/configure-multiple-languages.html

Reach out to support@chargebee.com if you've any questions. Pricing for multi-language support can be referred here

3 people have this question

Localization is certainly a feature that is part of our product road map. At the moment, you can specify the invoice name in other languages when configuring your plans, addons and coupons. This way, your line items on the invoices are displayed using the text you configure.

Hi, is there any update on that topic? I have the need to generate bills in several languages.

Hey Victor,

Currently, we are working on supporting multiple currencies by the end of this quarter and Localization (multi-lingual support) will be the next priority feature we take up.

As of now, invoice labels such as ("Paid", "Invoice Date", "Description" etc) would appear only in English and the line item description alone could be changed to any language of your choice.

hi,

I would like generate bills in french too, do you have a more precise release date for this feature?

Hey Gauthier,

Multiple language support is a very high priority feature in our product roadmap, however our engineering team is gearing up for releasing the Multi currency support before the end of this Q2, and we would be able to get an ETA only after that.

1 person likes this

Any ETA on the multi language support? I'm serving my clients in multiple languages so it's very important to be able to do the hosted checkout and invoicing in their own language instead of just English. 

Hi Mika, 

Would you be able to share the list of languages you're planning to support? 

We've started working on supporting multiple languages for email notifications and invoices. This is expected to be out around the end of September. The first iteration would involve some amount of manual work where you'll have to add necessary translations. 

We're also working on bringing in multi-language support for hosted pages and this would be out in few weeks after the first iteration. 

English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Japanise, Danish.

Best

Thank you for sharing your supported languages list Victor. We'll keep you posted and will update you as soon as the feature is released with more instructions on setting it up.

Finnish, English, Swedish and German

Thank you Mika. We'll keep you posted and will update you as soon as the feature is released with more instructions on setting it up and the supported languages for the first iteration. 

German tax office requires invoices to be in german, otherwise they don't accept them. Are there any news on this issue?
There is a help page ( https://www.chargebee.com/docs/configure-multiple-languages.html ) but none of the options there exist on my test site.
Answer

Multi-language support has been released for Invoices, Hosted pages, Customer portal, and Email Notifications. We currently support 

• English
  • French
  • German
  • Spanish
  • Portuguese
  • Italian

More information about multi-language feature can be found here: https://www.chargebee.com/docs/configure-multiple-languages.html

Reach out to support@chargebee.com if you've any questions. Pricing for multi-language support can be referred here

Login or Signup to post a comment