Start a new topic
Answered

Is there a possibility to add PO number, or a customer's reference number

Hey Guys,

Awesome job on your product! However I was wondering if there is a possibility to add (via API preferably) something like a PO number, a customer's reference number or maybe even a custom field that will eventually be shown on an invoice?

Thanks!

Best Answer

We would like to inform you that PO number is now supported in ChargeBee and you can add it via API as well. Here's more information on this!

Thank you for the feedback Daan. We do have support for creating custom fields with access via the API and we can create a field for tracking the purchase order number. But at the moment it cannot be displayed on the invoices and it is limited only to the customer entity within the subscription. 

Could you please explain your use case? Knowing this would help us understand the requirement and plan accordingly.

If you do need a custom field created, you can submit your request here:

https://docs.google.com/a/chargebee.com/forms/d/1Pc5Rx1u7X1c-s2OYjH6ns22BY18Lho-kUY62k_OO5_w/viewform

My use case is relatively straight forward. I'm selling to some larger customers that request to have their own reference number on their invoice. Upon receiving the invoice it will help them match it with their internal cost centre.

1. Customer opens an account in our application, amongst others specifying their reference number
  2. Our application will create the CB subscription via API
  3. The reference number will remain during the course of the subscription
  4. On invoices the reference number is displayed below invoice number

I'm not sure if your custom field option approaches this use care?

Again, thanks!

Yes, using the custom field approach may not necessarily solve this use case. If we provision the option to add comments to the invoices using the API, would work for you? The invoices sent to customers would show the comments added.

I think that would work, at the moment there are no legal requirements regarding this number in the countries I intend to invoice on the short run.

Any indication on when such a feature would be available? 

We expect this to be out in the next few of weeks. We will post it in our "What's New" section when it is available.

Answer

We would like to inform you that PO number is now supported in ChargeBee and you can add it via API as well. Here's more information on this!

Login or Signup to post a comment