Start a new topic

chargebee custom field integration [URJENT]

Hi, we are implemented chargebee for https://www.mumbailocal.ca/dabba-delivery It's a restaurant business. we have created buttons for each plan. 

In the checkout page, we need help

1. we want to hide or show some input fields based on the user-selected plan. How can we create conditional based input fields?

2. We are delivering food to different locations. For the location section, we are using the dropdown. how we collect delivery charges for some locations? (delivery charges are different for different locations).

3. How customers only select a payment method i.e Auto payment or single time payment or monthly payment?

Please help me ASAP.

1 Comment

Hello Prashanth

Thank you for your post, I also understand that you have raised a support ticket with our team.

I'm just going to summarize the your requirements here. 

1. we want to hide or show some input fields based on the user-selected plan. How can we create conditional based input fields?
[Cbee]: Currently we do have custom fields that can be created for plans, customer & subscriptions, however only the Customer & Subscription fields will be visible on the checkout pages. I have added your use-case to the feature request.

2. We are delivering food to different locations. For the location section, we are using the dropdown. how we collect delivery charges for some locations? (delivery charges are different for different locations).

[Cbee]: Support for Shipping/Delivery charges is also one of the popular features that are requested, this is on our priority list, however we do not have an ETA on this for now. As an alternative I would recommend you to use add-ons to substitute the delivery charges.

In both of the above cases, if you a developer resource for an API implementation it can be sorted with a simple workflows.

Here's a API based solution for both your questions

Question 1 - You can use your own custom form instead of the chargebee checkout to capture all the required information, including plan specific custom data, which you can then populate in a custom field under the subscription or customer level.

When it comes to capturing the payment & chargebee related info you can use the Chargebee Components so that the sensitive info is captures securely with PCI compliance. Click Here for more on that. 

Question 2- When you are using the Chargebee's APIs you will be capturing all the checkout related info on your custom form, on Chargebee you will have add-ons for shipping/delivery you will need to have recurring add-ons for recurring subscriptions. And based on the location the customer provides you can include the appropriate add-on when creating the subscription.

Let me know if the API solutions works for you and we can discuss this in detail?

For Question 3- How customers only select a payment method i.e Auto payment or single time payment or monthly payment?

[Cbee]: When a payment method is added to subscription the payment details are stored in Chargebee for future use, as chargebee's core design is recurring payments. However you can turn-off Auto Collection, this will stop Charebee from automatically collection payments when a invoice is raised, however the payment details will still be stored in Chargebee for future use.

We do have an option where a customer can pay for invoices using a card and not let us be stored on file, however this will option is applicable when a customer (auto collection OFF) has an invoice in a payment due the customer can be sent a link where they will provide their payment details for just that one time. Click Here to know more about the Pay Now option.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards, 

Sanjay.

Chargebee Solutions Team.

Login or Signup to post a comment