Start a new topic

Best method to present plan prices

We have a "plans" page on our website that should the available plans and pricing for these plans. Because we offer different plans in different regions, our back-end can provide the available plans to the front-end. I would also want to get the proper pricing for these plans.

I could use the List Plans API to do this, but I would like to provide both VAT inclusive and VAT exclusive pricing for EU-citizens (we're located inside the EU too). When providing the country and the plan, Chargebee should be able to determine if VAT is applicable and the exact VAT excluding/including prices.

I have tried to use the Estimate API, but wasn't very succesfull. Did anybody else do this?

1 Comment

Hi Ramon,

The taxes are configured as Exclusive/Inclusive based on the region which in this case is EU. However, it is not possible to set the regions under EU as inclusive/exclusive. Chargebee sets the tax rate depending on the country entered by the customer. The taxes are then calculated as exclusive/inclusive depending on the region of EU being set as inclusive/exclusive. 

You can also enable the location validation to validate the location of the customer based on the billing address country or the IP address used by the customer. Chargebee validates VAT Number by sending a validation request to VAT Information Exchange System (VIES), a search engine owned by the European Commision. 

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Login or Signup to post a comment