Start a new topic

Yearly Subscription - Monthly Billing

It would be great to separate the length of a subscription cycle and the billing cycle.

My wish would be for my customers to sign up for 12 months, but be billed every month so that they don't have to pay one big amount at the beginning of the cycle.

So it would have all the features of the yearly subscription, but they would get a monthly charge and invoice.

Best regards

Arne

11 people like this idea

+1 for "It would be great to separate the length of a subscription cycle and the billing cycle."

1 person likes this

+1 for "It would be great to separate the length of a subscription cycle and the billing cycle."

1 person likes this

+1 for "Minimum Commitment Period for Subscriptions"

+1 for yearly commitment with a monthly billing option. 

While we're at it, integration with a docusign or something similar would be ideal to automate the entire process. 

Step 1: Start Trial

Step 2: Fill out docusign template and agree to 12 month term

Step 3: Docusign informs Chargbee that the document has been signed

Step 4: Chargebee charges first month payment and converts from trial to active.

Hey Jordan 

Yes, you are right. We currently do not have an ETA for that feature. We'll notify you whenever this is taken up in production. 

Hi Benny,

the feature you are describing is definitely not the one requested in this thread. We would like to be able to create an annual plan but when selected in a subscription, we would be asked what the billing frequency should be.

Maybe the "Minimum Commitment Period for Subscriptions" will work but I guess it means you are developing it the other way around. The title of this feature suggest that we will have to create a monthly plan but will have to set the minimum number of months the client must be committed. Which means, for a 12 months minimum commitment period subscriptions, at the end, the client will be on a monthly subscription. Which is not what is exactly requested in this thread (except if the minimum period is renewed at the end of each period).

No ETA for this feature?

Thank you

1 person likes this

The "Minimum Commitment Period for Subscriptions" feature is still in progress. We'll definitely let you all know once the feature is out. 

1 person likes this

Hey Jordan 

Yes, we do now have a feature - Billing Cycle for Addons, that you can use for such use-cases. Here's more on that.
P.S. Only recurring Addons can have a billing cycle

Hi guys,

any updates on this important and expected feature?

Thank you

I have discussed the requirement with our Product team and found that we currently have this in our backlog as we are currently working on product enhancements.

So, I am afraid I do not have an ETA on this currently. However, I have bumped the priority for the feature request and will update when we release this feature.

This is also an Isse we are facing. We ideally want customers to pay monthly for our subscription and for the subscription to continue indefinetely but to allow customers to cancel after 3 months if they chose to.

This is currently impossible with this Chargebee, I would have thought that this was an integral part of a monthly subscription based payment processor business?

Upvote this form me, please.

Any updates on this billing feature.

We stumbled on this really quick into our development.

Its really common to offer a cheaper price for a yearly subscription.

With the current setup you run into a couple of problems though.

• cancelation on next renewal is next month not next year
  • subscriptions don't renew automaticaly after 12 months.

Hi everyone,

We took it up with our product team internally and have decided to take it up in our product revamp for later this year. We will be able to get back with more information in 15-20 days. 

This is a blocking issue for us too.

Login or Signup to post a comment