Start a new topic

Enable Proratio for Plan-Upgrades, but Disable for Plan-Downgrades

If our customer upgrades from existing plan to a plan with higher cost, then the customer gets a credit for not used days in the next invoice of upgraded plan

-> This works on Chargebee

If our customer cancels  or downgrades plan, the customer doesn't get a credit or a refund.

-> This doesn't work on Chargebee :-(

Is there a possibility to activate “proration” for upgrades only and not for downgrades? Any workarounds?

Hi there

I assume that the subscription changes (upgrades/downgrades) are handled via the customer portal as of now. When Proration is enabled, both the upgrades and downgrades happening via the customer portal will prorate. In the admin interface, you have the option to disable proration while changing the subscription. This makes it possible to disable proration while downgrading and vice versa. 

We're currently working on revamping the hosted pages and this requirement will be met with the new version. We're in the final stage of development and we'll let you know once it is released. Until then, you can have the customers contact you for upgrades/downgrades and you can make the changes through the web interface.

The other alternate option is to use our Open Source Customer Portal.

Any news on this?

Hey Martins,

Currently, the custom code can be used to have the plan upgrade done immediately and the plan downgrade done in the end of the term. However,

I will take this up as a feature request and will let you know when we support proration on the custom code.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Login or Signup to post a comment