Start a new topic
Answered

How often do I need to issue an invoice to subscribers?

I have a pay monthly SAAS product with a $10 per month plan.

When a customer subscribes to this plan an invoice would be issued by Chargebee.

Do I need to issue an invoice every month if they stay on the same plan?

If not, do I ever have to issue this customer another invoice if they stay on the same plan?

Best Answer

When it's a monthly subscription, the invoices will be generated automatically at the time of renewal. You need not issue them manually every month. The same flow will be applied for a yearly or weekly subscription.

Example: If a customer signed up on Jan 10th without a trial period, then the billing will be Jan 10th, Feb 10th, March 10th, and so on. The invoices will be generated on Feb 10th, March 10th and so on respectively.

Even when a customer changes their subscription, the invoices will be raised automatically depending upon the date on which the subscription is changed.

1 Comment

Answer

When it's a monthly subscription, the invoices will be generated automatically at the time of renewal. You need not issue them manually every month. The same flow will be applied for a yearly or weekly subscription.

Example: If a customer signed up on Jan 10th without a trial period, then the billing will be Jan 10th, Feb 10th, March 10th, and so on. The invoices will be generated on Feb 10th, March 10th and so on respectively.

Even when a customer changes their subscription, the invoices will be raised automatically depending upon the date on which the subscription is changed.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment