Start a new topic
Answered

Accept offline payment subscriptions on hosted page

Hi,

I'm evaluating Chargebee. One of the need-to-have functionalities is the ability to have a customer sign up for either automated payment or for offline payment through a hosted page. 

Although the ability to use a hosted page to sign up offline payment clients is mentioned here https://support.chargebee.com/support/discussions/topics/26327, the hosted payment options states that this still requires a credit card. 

Is there a way to offer a client the option to pay by invoice if I used hosted pages?

Best Answer

Hey Tom,

Thanks for writing to us!

Currently, our hosted page is designed to receive mainly the payment information from customers, and so an option to select offline payment mode {how to be invoiced} cannot be given on the hosted page. As a workaround, you could use our API to implement a prior step in your website where customer could either choose card payment {or} offline payment and you could then create Customers & Subscriptions accordingly. Would that work?

Meanwhile, I'll tag this as a feature request for our engineering team to consider and let you know if the direct option is made available in the future.

Answer

Hey Tom,

Thanks for writing to us!

Currently, our hosted page is designed to receive mainly the payment information from customers, and so an option to select offline payment mode {how to be invoiced} cannot be given on the hosted page. As a workaround, you could use our API to implement a prior step in your website where customer could either choose card payment {or} offline payment and you could then create Customers & Subscriptions accordingly. Would that work?

Meanwhile, I'll tag this as a feature request for our engineering team to consider and let you know if the direct option is made available in the future.

Anand,

Thank you for your email, and for considering this as a feature enhancement.

A few more questions if you don't mind: 

- I couldn't find this... if a customer is set up for offline billing, will Chargebee sent the customer notifications about the upcoming need to pay the invoice? Or do I need to handle this seperately?

I noticed that you list multi current support as an upcoming feature. do you have a timeline for this? it would be nice if we could sample it as part of our evaluation.

(I saw that you integrate with Stripe.. we have subscriptions set up for multiple currencies (eg: one plan has two subscriptions in stripe: one for each currency). can we migrate these to Chargebee with the multi currency support? if not, do you have a way to migrate these clients?

Thank you for your help.

Best,

Tom

Hey Tom,

Thanks for your response.

When you turn auto-collection option "OFF" for the customers {offline mode}, the invoice would get generated in a "payment due" state and customers would still be receiving the invoices automatically every month.

For sending the invoices, you would simply need to enable the "Invoice receipt" email notification in Chargebee. We have automated email notification system that will send the invoices to your customers. You could also customize the template as per your need by going to Settings > Email notifications > enable email notifications > Invoice receipt in Chargebee web interface.

Also, we've just released a closed beta for Multi Currency feature which will be activated only for TEST Sites. At the moment, it works only for Stripe or Paypal Express Checkout payment gateways. Would you like to test drive this feature?

If so, kindly drop a confirmation email to support@chargebee.com for us to process your request and enable it from the backend.

Regards,

Anand

Login or Signup to post a comment