Start a new topic
Answered

Hosted checkout page does not prefill data for changing subscription

I thought could use the hosted pages to not only let my users subscribe, but also if they want to upgrade or downgrade to another plan. And this works in principal.

My problem is the UX. I expected that the "checkout existing" hosted page would be significantly different from the "checkout new" page, in that the user's billing info is already filled in, and they have the choice to use their existing credit card information; or, to use a different card.

Instead, they are forced to provide all this data again. 

Is my expectation in this regard wrong? Is it something that might be added in the future?

Best Answer

Hi Michael, 

Would you be able to explain if you're using Chargebee's hosted customer portal? This would allow your customers to change their subscription including upgrades and downgrades. 

In general, to upgrade/downgrade subscriptions, we recommend using the Update Subscription API. The Checkout Existing Subscription API is primarily used in cases where you'd want to shorten the trial period and make the subscription turn active, thereby collecting the card details from the customer on the hosted checkout page.

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Michael, 

Would you be able to explain if you're using Chargebee's hosted customer portal? This would allow your customers to change their subscription including upgrades and downgrades. 

In general, to upgrade/downgrade subscriptions, we recommend using the Update Subscription API. The Checkout Existing Subscription API is primarily used in cases where you'd want to shorten the trial period and make the subscription turn active, thereby collecting the card details from the customer on the hosted checkout page.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment