Start a new topic
Answered

Dunning cancels subscriptions

Hi,

I've configured dunning as

But when I cancel trial for customer with auto collection off subscription is immediately cancelled.

Why does this happen?

Thanks.

Best Answer

Hey Pirozhkov,

Thanks for writing to us!

Dunning comes in to place only when the system's attempt to collect the charge from the customer fails.

In your case, when the subscription with trial period is created with auto-collection = 'OFF', and when you cancel the trial, the subscription will turn active and the invoice would be generated in a 'payment due' state.

If there is a discrepancy, I'd request you to raise a support ticket mentioning the respective subscription ID. This would help us to investigate further and assist better.

1 Comment

Answer

Hey Pirozhkov,

Thanks for writing to us!

Dunning comes in to place only when the system's attempt to collect the charge from the customer fails.

In your case, when the subscription with trial period is created with auto-collection = 'OFF', and when you cancel the trial, the subscription will turn active and the invoice would be generated in a 'payment due' state.

If there is a discrepancy, I'd request you to raise a support ticket mentioning the respective subscription ID. This would help us to investigate further and assist better.

Login or Signup to post a comment