Start a new topic

What time zone does ChargeBee use to record transactions?

1 person has this question

Chargebee uses the UTC time zone to record all transactions.

Things to know about time zones and time stamps:

1. ChargeBee does not correct the time zone based on daylight savings. So, if your country is observing day light saving, you will need to make necessary changes for it.

2. ChargeBee converts and stores the date/time in the UTC time zone when these parameters are passed via the API.

For example, if you pass the date/time as 10 May 10.30 PM PDT, ChargeBee will store it as 11 May 5.30 AM UTC

3. A day starts at 12.00 AM UTC time.

4. All date entries made in the ChargeBee console is saved in UTC time.

How can I change the time zone?

Changing the timezone is not an option at the moment. It is on our product road map though.

So on the hosted web pages, the dates and times are in UTC?  That's a great way to confuse every single person trying to use the hosted pages.

Also the "NOW" on the calendar pop up uses seconds, so if u try to create the subscription using that button u always get an error because a second has elapsed.

You guys have a robust product but the timezone stuff is just silly... should be fixed

Also the default country on the drop down should be United States. I mean c'mon - scrolling through all those countries is a bit retarded given 95%+ plus are going to be from the US.  

i see now the time is nowhere on the hosted pages, so this won't confuse the user - makes sense.

when creating a subscription in the dashboard, i don't think there is a way to change the default.. it should at least guess "united states".

thanks

Also the default country on the drop down should be United States. I mean c'mon - scrolling through all those countries is a bit retarded given 95%+ plus are going to be from the US.  

[CBEE] -  You can set a default country for your users on the hosted checkout page. To set the default country, go to:

"Settings > Hosted pages Settings > Field Configurations > Field Validation and Defaults" and set the default country.

when creating a subscription in the dashboard, i don't think there is a way to change the default.. it should at least guess "united states".

[CBEE] - We do have plans to specify a default country on the admin console as well when creating subscriptions through the dashboard. 

Can you add a utc clock on the dashboard? Hehe

@Kenji - Thank you for submitting the request. I've added this to our features list and we will look into adding the clock in the application.

Login or Signup to post a comment