Start a new topic
Answered

Can a customer change from one plan to another?

Is there a hosted page to allow a customer to change plans (i.e. from paying monthly to yearly)?

Best Answer

Hello,

In order to achieve an upsell, you could setup a custom thank you page with information on the upsell product and have an option for customers to select it. Depending on whether a customer chooses it, you could then call the Update Subscription API to change the subscription to the upgraded product. 

For example: A customer completes checkout -> Customer is directed to the thank you page displaying the upgrade/downgrade -> Update subscription API is called -> Customer subscription is updated to the new selected plan. 

If the customers don't take the upgrade, you could make a third offer for something smaller {downsell}, and the subscription can be updated as per their choice.

2 people have this question

Thanks Carl for the query. We do not have the option yet.  

Are you looking for a change of plan at the first time of buying or is it like an upgrade / downgrade option after he becomes a paid customer? 

Hey Krish,

I am looking to do something like this. I've been researching addons and ran across this.

Essentially what I am looking to do is a one click upsell

After the customer orders they are offered the choice to upgrade and do not have to re-enter credit card information.

I've even seen variations on this where they are offered the upsell and if they don't take it they are offered a downsell.

The idea has proven to be highly effective. It's offered by several providers and is a highly appealing offering.

Can this be achieved with CB somehow? I've dug through documentaion and am not finding a way to do it

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for contacting us. We'll convert this into a ticket and respond to you via email.

1 person likes this

Hi, 

I would also like to be informed on how to accomplish this. Thank you. 

Answer

Hello,

In order to achieve an upsell, you could setup a custom thank you page with information on the upsell product and have an option for customers to select it. Depending on whether a customer chooses it, you could then call the Update Subscription API to change the subscription to the upgraded product. 

For example: A customer completes checkout -> Customer is directed to the thank you page displaying the upgrade/downgrade -> Update subscription API is called -> Customer subscription is updated to the new selected plan. 

If the customers don't take the upgrade, you could make a third offer for something smaller {downsell}, and the subscription can be updated as per their choice.

Is that still the only solution?

Changing a plan is a pretty common thing, isn't it?

The Update Subscription API should fit your needs, as it allows to change a subscription's plan with an API call!

Hey Jan, 

Customers can easily manage their subscriptions by logging into your Customer portal. Based on the configurations you set up, the customers can change subscription, plans, coupons, addons from their portal account. 

You can give the customer portal link on your website, so that the customers can login and update their subscriptions when required. 

Hey Pranathi

yes, I found it in the meantime, thank you. It is actually a bit hidden, maybe even a bit too hidden for our customers, but let's see.

My current problem is that I'd like to have different policies on whether it's an upgrade or a downgrade of the plan. I want upgrades to start immediately (beginning a new term immediately) and downgrades to start at the end of the term. I found out that I can do this with the API, but I'd have to build my own checkout pages then and I am a bit concerned about having to get a PCI certification of these. Would be cool if such a policy was implementable with the hosted pages.

Hey Jan,

I understand that you wish to build your own checkout pages and configure the upgrades and downgrades of subscriptions. However, since you would have to collect sensitive information like the card details on your end, you would have to be PCI compliant for setting up your checkout pages.

If you wish to use our checkout pages, you can make use of our custom code feature and manage the plan upgrades and downgrades from the customer portal by using our custom code feature. 

Let me know if this works for you.

Hey Pranathi,

this looks exactly like what I need. How do I enable "custom code" and where do I put the code?

Best regards

Jan

Hey Jan,

I believe you have raised a ticket for the same and our agent has enabled custom code for your site and provided the instructions.

Do write to us if you have any further queries.

Login or Signup to post a comment