Start a new topic
Answered

Can a customer change from one plan to another?

Is there a hosted page to allow a customer to change plans (i.e. from paying monthly to yearly)?

Best Answer

Hello,

In order to achieve an upsell, you could setup a custom thank you page with information on the upsell product and have an option for customers to select it. Depending on whether a customer chooses it, you could then call the Update Subscription API to change the subscription to the upgraded product. 

For example: A customer completes checkout -> Customer is directed to the thank you page displaying the upgrade/downgrade -> Update subscription API is called -> Customer subscription is updated to the new selected plan. 

If the customers don't take the upgrade, you could make a third offer for something smaller {downsell}, and the subscription can be updated as per their choice.

2 people have this question

Thanks Carl for the query. We do not have the option yet.  

Are you looking for a change of plan at the first time of buying or is it like an upgrade / downgrade option after he becomes a paid customer? 

Hey Krish,

I am looking to do something like this. I've been researching addons and ran across this.

Essentially what I am looking to do is a one click upsell

After the customer orders they are offered the choice to upgrade and do not have to re-enter credit card information.

I've even seen variations on this where they are offered the upsell and if they don't take it they are offered a downsell.

The idea has proven to be highly effective. It's offered by several providers and is a highly appealing offering.

Can this be achieved with CB somehow? I've dug through documentaion and am not finding a way to do it

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for contacting us. We'll convert this into a ticket and respond to you via email.

1 person likes this

Hi, 

I would also like to be informed on how to accomplish this. Thank you. 

Answer

Hello,

In order to achieve an upsell, you could setup a custom thank you page with information on the upsell product and have an option for customers to select it. Depending on whether a customer chooses it, you could then call the Update Subscription API to change the subscription to the upgraded product. 

For example: A customer completes checkout -> Customer is directed to the thank you page displaying the upgrade/downgrade -> Update subscription API is called -> Customer subscription is updated to the new selected plan. 

If the customers don't take the upgrade, you could make a third offer for something smaller {downsell}, and the subscription can be updated as per their choice.

Login or Signup to post a comment